Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh, the feeling!!

After a 3-week break, I'm back in my running (or rather, jogging & walking) shoes!! Can I just tell you how good it feels to be up early and then be home, showered, and have 3 loads of laundry folded before my girls wake up? Oh, it feels SO good!

I guess running today has made me a part of the running club. Luckily for me (but definitely not for Tammy!), her knee was killing her, so I had some company as I went much, much slower than Merri and Larry. In all, I did about 2.5 miles, with a little over 1 mile of running. I thought I was going to pass out after the running, so I took it nice and slow walking after that. Hey, it's been 3 weeks! I have another friend who will be doing speed walking with me and I'm going to work on getting my shins completely better. Oh, what a glorious morning!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good for you! It sounds like you are out of your rut!

Lily said...

oooh, I feel so happy for you! Isn't morning exercise the best?

Dustin and Angie said...

Woo Hoo!! I bet you feel tons better. I'm excited to hopefully be able to start working out again soon.