Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wahoo!!

Mark, Brandon, Chad
Me, Merri, Tammy
I did it! I had planned to run the 5k Run Through the Lavender weeks ago, but when my training stopped 5 weeks ago, I let that plan slip way. Thank goodness for good neighbors, because they invited and encouraged me to run it, so I did. I had no idea how well I'd do, only that I knew I could at least finish it by walking. So, I paced myself well (albeit very slowly) and ran all but about 2 minutes (4 small spurts of walking). Everyone said this was a tougher 5k than normal, too, so that makes me feel even better. I finished with a time of 35 minutes. I felt & feel great. I'm going to be sure to ice my shins after each run & hopefully that will help my shin splints not be so bad. Anyway, thanks everyone for your support & encouragement. I definitely felt a glimpse of a runner's high today. And congrats to Merri & Tammy for medaling!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go Keri! I'm so impressed! Good for you.

Vanessa said...

Hey good job on the 5K...I don't think I could do that. I am very impressed also!

Dustin and Angie said...

Congratulations! I bet you felt great for going through with it.