Thursday, February 19, 2009

I AM alive!

I know, it feels like I haven't posted here in forever!  Last week, I was in Idaho, and today has just seemed crazy.  So...

Earlier this week, Randy and I had a really positive conversation about my weight & my efforts to lose it.  The good news up to this point is that I've been maintaining.  Which is really good news considering how much weight I put on last year!

I've redoubled my efforts the past few days.  I'm puting in at least 30 minutes or more of exercise each day.  My legs are actually sore!  I've also begun taking Alli.  It's definitely not something I would normally do or have ever done, but after reading about it, I feel like it's safe to take.  It basically stops your body from absorbing some of the fat that is ingested.  If I were to lose 5 pounds on my own, Alli would add an additional 2-3 pounds to that total.  The biggest thing really is that I am limited to 15 grams of fat or less each time I eat, or else I could face dire consequences (oily toots, greasy poo, etc).  I knew I already ate well (when I cook, but NOT when I eat out!), but I've actually been surprised at how little effort it has taken to eat 15 grams or less.  I haven't had to change any of my meals!  (Maybe that's why my girls can't gain weight?!)  The hard part has been snacking & making sure I don't overeat for fear of going over my fat grams.  Like right now, I ate dinner an hour ago & I'm starving!  I plan to go eat 2 of my Zonya recipe cookies & a glass of milk.  I think that will do me good.  The pills I have will last me about 40 days, and I hope to not need to buy them again after that.

Another thing I'm doing, which is helping me keep track of my fat grams, is using SparkPeople's website.  It's free and it does a lot of things.  Right now, I use it to track what I eat each day & also to track my exercise.  I'm really liking it.  So, that's where I'm at.  I expect to see some great results next week.  How are all of you doing?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

You will have to let me know if you really like Alli, I haven't heard much about it. I hope it works for you. I kind of had to have one of those reality check conversations the other day too. I like how you have taken the positive and ran with it, I need to do the same thing, at least I am maintaining! Right?

Bond Fam said...

I LOVE sparkpeople I have been using it for a 1 1/2 years and I am addicted to it! It makes everything so much easier to track! Also did you know that you can make private spark teams with people you know and set your own team goals for exercise, etc. Me and my sis-in-laws have a team and its such a nice and easy way to keep each other on track! Way to go for working so hard! Trust me I know its tiring, but its so worth it! And good luck with Alli, you will have to let me know if it helps or not!

Amanda said...

Oh I so need to get my hiney in gear again. Ugh! I haven't heard of sparkpeople before, but I will definitely have to check it out. And I want to know about Alli as well. Now that I'm not nursing or pregnant, I'm interested to see if it might be the boost I need to get back on track.