Saturday, September 19, 2009

4 and hanging them up...for now

Running (w/ a fair share of walking): 4.03 miles, 50:21.30, 12:30/mi

Total: 4.48 (plus another probably .22 that I didn't clock) miles, 58:24, 13:03/mi

My legs were feeling decent yesterday, so I figured I'd try 4 miles today. Seemed easy enough. Until I woke up and felt tight calf muscles. Needless to say, the run was painful for me, and riddled with walking. Janell humored me & walked right along when I needed to slow down. I made it the whole way, but I also made a determination, too.

I'm going to hang up my running shoes for a while. I'm not sure how long. At this point, my shins & calves & ankles couldn't carry me 13.1 miles, it's just too painful. So I'm going to give them a break. I still plan on doing the 100 & 200 challenges, and I'll have to dust off the elliptical to keep myself moving. All in all, I think my legs will thank me.

1 comment:

ollie said...

Sounds like a good decision Keri! I would have never lasted as long as you if I was in pain like that. Actually, that's exactly why I quite running the first time I tried it. It was awful!!! So yeah, I totally 100% agree with you. Not worth it! Maybe you could try swimming! It's a much more gentle approach to exercising