Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another week, more success

My weight is down again today.  Hooray!  I actually weigh myself most days, even though some say not to.  It just lets me see that I'm on the right track (not that I've worried about being on the wrong track the last 2 weeks, but still).  So, I really wanted my weight to be 144.5 or 144.0 this morning and I got what I wanted!  I took my measurements this morning, as well.  They were all down.  They didn't seem to show as much progress as I'd like, but I can see areas shrinking that aren't part of my measurements, so I know the shrinking will eventually go to where I'm measuring.  And any decrease is good!  Here are a few observations from this past week.

1.  I have been able to increase my speed on the elliptical, which also means I've got more endurance--both with speed and going longer!  I love it!
2.  Last weekend, Randy and I went on a date & got ice cream at Coldstone.  I got the Founder's Favorite (brownie, hot fudge, caramel & pecans) which wasn't skimping at all, but I had them do it with fat-free ice cream.  So, I had a really good treat and didn't feel bad about it one bit.  (Although I still really do love chocolate ice cream w/ peanut butter & stuff...that'll just have to wait until I'm down to my goal weight, and only on a rare occasion.)
3.  When I sat down to eat my ice cream, it tasted SO sweet.  I think I'm actually weaning myself off of sugar without even noticing it!  And here's the real kicker--I ordered the smallest option & only ate half of it!  My entire life I haven't been known to eat a treat slowly, let alone only half of it!  This is definitely and improvement.
4.  Although I am easily staying within my calorie and fat ranges, I still am not eating enough fruits & veggies.  In all honesty, I love a good salad, but hate making them.  I need to go to my fridge and cut up veggies to have around for snacking and dinner to make it easier.  So, that's my goal for this week--add in more fruits and veggies.  Ideally, I'd like to have one with each meal & snack, although I don't do much snacking.

So, that's it!  How was your week?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for you Keri! Glad you had another great week!!!

Vanessa said...

Wow! You are doing it! That is fantastic! It even sounds like you got an amazing treat in there too!

...by the way I hate cutting up salads too!

Dustin and Angie said...

Yea! It's good to hear how well you're doing. I've actually gained a few pounds and an inch the last week!

Rolyndia said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome. It has taken me a 1 1/2 years to loose 40 pounds and I have 17 more to go. I was really careful with what I ate and I worked out and I was up .5 this week, UUGGHH!!! I won't give up.

Keep up the great work.