Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday the 24th

2.52 miles in 33:something. Average pace was 13:13 minute mile. Just a tad slower than Monday, but not much.

I got new running shoes last night & they felt good today. I found out that my ankle/foot pronates, so the news shoes that I got have a plate in them to prevent it. Hopefully it will help my running. By the way, I almost wonder if my pronation is why my ankle hurts when I walk a lot in my flip flops.

I also got some advice on shin splints from the guys at the running store. I need to strech a lot more & do some painful rubbing & icing. One of my calfs really hurts since yesterday's walk, so I'm also trying to nurse that back. My run today was actually quite painful with my shins & calves hurting. Am I saying calf & calves right? Are my body parts really spelled the same as cattle terms?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

hahahahha...that is funny! Nice job!

Tiffany said...

what kind of shoes did u get? I have not heard of the ankle pronate, did you get on the treadmill or did they just watch you? I would like to do the treadmil to make sure I was fit correctly.