Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday the 22nd

This is my 200th post on this blog. Crazy?!

I did 2.03 miles in 21:38 today. 10:41 minute mile. Not too shabby, eh? 2.63 miles total in 30:53. (That includes my warm-up and cool-down walking, in case you ever wondered...)

Thoughts today:
  • I had to run solo this morning, so I headed for the high school track, knowing that I didn't have a long run & thinking it would be safer to run alone there than where I normally run.
  • The HS football team was just beginning practice when I got there. When I was a lap and a half from being done, the cheer team entered the track and started running. In their really short shorts. The football team was doing sit-ups at the time. I'm sure they were loving the view. After a while, the football team let out a chant. And some of the cheer team squealed with delight. Oh, high school. I thought it was pretty funny.
  • I had a hard time not running too fast today. It felt like I was running so slow, even though it was faster than normal. I wore my heartrate monitor for the first time today, too. It says I overdid it.
  • I have a few minor blisters on my toes, but they don't really bother me. I'm hoping they callous (You know I had to look that up in the old fashioned dictionary to see how to spell it, right?).
  • Pretty excited & a little nervous about Friday's 10k. Tiff just might kick my butt...Or the 6.2 miles, at least.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

You guys will do awesome...you will have to let us know how you and Tiff did! Good Luck!

ollie said...

I'm DYING to know how it went! I can't believe you did a 10k!!! I'm so stinkin' proud of you!

Merri Hackett said...

Can't wait to hear how you and your sister did!