Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good bye holidays!

Apparently, I havent' done as well as I thought I was doing during the holidays. My weight is up several pounds. I really just wanted to wear a mu-mu around today...I feel that fat. But today is my starting day. I'm not off to a great start, but I can still work out tonight & then eat more healthy tomorrow.

Something I'm trying to keep in mind is that eating temptations happen during small moments in time. Dr's Phil's book says that we typically experience 4-7 of these incidents a day, and we just need to focus on getting through each one. Within a few minutes, it will pass. At the times when I've tried it, it worked. Anyway, not the best news this morning on the scale, and I don't know what else to say. I have a week to work on it.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I feel that same way about the moo-moo! I have to laugh just typing that! Isn't that funny word. Reminds me of my mom and Aunts! Anyway, I know what you mean about the temptation periods. I call them selfish moments. I have to tell my self "Vanessa, stop being selfish, think of someone else and get it done". It actually really works and I find something or someone else to help or do and I find it has been a couple of hours. Wow! I love it! I wish I could always remember that! I hope this makes sense?!

...sorry long comment! Have a great day!

Vanessa said...

Sorry Keri, I used your kfarnie email...maybe that's why but this time I sent it to your gmail.

Tammy said...

hey a tip I read, when you feel like snacking or eating junk it's really because you are thirsty! Maybe if you can supplement your moment with a tall glass of water it will help you make it through. I need to get over those junk food moments too. We always have CRAP around! Time to find the trash