Monday, August 17, 2009

I kept running anyway.

I sure felt like walking today. I especially planned to walk at my halfway point. But just before I got halfway, Chad (one of my many running neighbors) came up behind me. He said he'd been trying to catch me for a mile. So, that did it. I kept going. Instead of doubling back, I decided to follow him on his loop. He quickly moved ahead of me, but I could see him, and that kept me going. In fact, I'm pretty sure it made me run faster. When I wanted to stop and walk, I just make myself slow my pace a bit. Oh, and I passed my cousin, Courtney out for a walk. She said some encouraging words, too. That helped a bunch. And I made it!

One question: Are all of my runs as difficult as the last two? I'm not sure if all runs are unpleasant...but just have the reward of what I've done at the end...hmmm. I think my brain lets me forget from one day to the next.

Running portion: 25:46, 2.48 miles, 10:23/mi

Total: 35:21, 3.07 miles, 11:31/mi

Not too shabby for me wanting to walk!

2 comments:

Lily said...

They aren't all difficult. But it is a little hard at first most of the time. Usually after 30 minutes the sluggish feeling goes away for me. Depends on the day, how good I've been eating, and if I've gone to bed early enough.

Vanessa said...

you're amazing!!