Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wahoo!!

8 miles, 1:31:15, 11:24/mi

My entire goal today was just to finish it, even if that meant walking. However, my prayers were answered: my lungs didn't bother me, my legs felt good, I had enough energy, and I didn't need to use the bathroom mid-run. It sure helped having Janell run along side me and music on the Ipod, too.

Janell and I ran the first 4 miles (well, we technically walked the first tenth of a mile getting our Ipods set). When we hit 4 miles, we walked for .25 while I ate my special jelly beans. I knew I needed to eat something before I felt my energy was drained. (I also ate toast & juice before running. I normally don't eat before.) After that, we pretty much ran the rest of the way, except for a really short bit when my ear buds got tangled up while getting water. We even (slow) sprinted to the end! Ha ha.

I honestly can't believe how good running felt today! So, so glad to have Janell to run with & so, so glad that my prayers were answered. If all runs felt this good, I could do it for a living....err, okay, maybe not. :)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Nice Job Keri!!

ollie said...

No way!!!! That's awesome! I think the biggest hurdle for me when it comes to running is the mental part. I honestly get SOOOO bored and want to quite the moment I don't feel good (which is usually about .25 miles into it!). I'm glad you found a running partner. Hopefully I'll find one soon!

The Hall Family said...

That is so awesome, especially considering that you haven't been feeling well. Good job! That's gotta feel good.