Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 13

I've noticed that I'm really not getting all my dairy servings in each day. I need to remedy that.

Okay, so don't wait until 11am to eat breakfast and/or have dessert sitting on the counter. I was so starving that I went for the easiest thing there was. I'm so grateful that Randy came down the stairs, saw what I was eating, and was disappointed. He pointed out how it would have only taken me a few minutes to cook some healthy oatmeal on the stove. He then told me that he was throwing the rest of the dessert away. I'm grateful that he cares. :) Today definitely hasn't been my best eating day. It was our first try of McGrath's, and it was really good. I'd recommend it. It was nice to get away this evening, even if the girls were with us. I also love being out with Randy!

Breakfast: Magic cookies bars & milk
Lunch: tuna w/ fat-free miracle whip & pickles on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread
Snack: banana, V8
Dinner: McGrath's Fish House--2 buttered slices of sourdough bread, 1/2 of a cajun shrimp quesadilla w/ pico de gallo & several small slices of avocado, garden salad w/ honey mustard dressing on the side, candied sesame teriyaki salmon (YUM), mixed veggies (YUM), 2 slices of tomato, and 1 coconut shrimp. Yes, I was stuffed!! Geez, writing it all down makes me realize that I ate a ton! We hadn't done anything like this in a while, so I think it was worth it. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow...

Exercise: 5 minutes of floor exercises. I know Zonya's recommendations are to just slowly increase my exercise each week & build a habit, but I'm itching to do some running at the gym. I hate to give up my evenings by going to the gym, but that's what has worked best in the past. We'll see what next week brings.

No comments: