Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 23: Feeling Good

Breakfast: malt-o-meal w/ milk, turkey bacon & a nectarine
Lunch: homemade Cajun Shrimp Quesadilla, 8 cookies--that's the result of being out and about and not getting a snack. I was grouchy & starving!
Snack: orange
Dinner: Kickin' Chicken & Fries, green beans--all from a Zonya recipe, so no, they weren't French fries. Once again, it was really good. We're 4 for 4 on her recipes!
Dessert: no-bake cookies


Here's our dinner. One of the wonderful things...it made enough to feed our family for 2 nights. That's right, the containers are going into the freezer for a night when I just don't want to cook!

Exercise: 35 minutes of snow shoveling...The 6 inches of powder today felt like heaven compared to the heavy, compacted snow yesterday!

My weight was down 1/2 a pound today. It felt good, since it hadn't dropped in 12 days. I still need to focus on eating better. It's late tonight, but I am excited about what I'm learning from Zonya's book (just ask my mom!), and I have so much I want to share. It seems like time is so elusive lately...so hopefully I will have time to post more soon.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your food looks so yummy! Are the recipes easy. I HATE cooking, so I'm always looking for easy, quick, and yummy recipes!

Keri said...

Yes, the recipes I've done so far are REALLY easy. I would highly recommend Zonya's cookbook.

Dustin and Angie said...

That looks soooo good.