Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting Easier

Today has been much better than yesterday. My weight was down 2 lbs this morning, and I actually woke up with energy. After my breakfast, I felt full, which hasn't happened since I've started eating healthier. That was a nice feeling. In the afternoon, I probably waited too long for a snack, because I really wanted a graham cracker. 1 cracker is 1/2 of a serving, 70 calories. In the future, I don't see anything wrong with eating it, but it has refined sugar in it, and for now I'm trying to avoid that. Somehow I was able to look at a different pantry shelf and select something better for me, a reduced-sodium V8. You know, it's so difficult to make good food choices, yet so easy.

I've thought a lot about my eating habits. Ever since I lost the initial 20 pounds a few years ago, I really do cook healthy meals for the most part. My biggest downfall is definitely the snacks & desserts I choose to eat. It's difficult for me to want to pick up a fruit to snack on. My sweet tooth needs to be retrained in that direction, though.

I have also really been focusing on not watching TV while eating. I used to turn it on and watch something while I ate both my breakfast and lunch. The past 3 days, I have yet to turn the TV on during the day. It's wonderful.

2 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

I'm going to copy some of your ideas for my merrismiles blog. I hope you don't mind! Losing 4 lbs is GREAT news so I wanted to try it. :)

Keri said...

Nope, don't mind at all. I'd love for others to get inspired.