Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 16: Rebellion?

Breakfast (at 11am): fruit & yogurt smoothie, 1 slice turkey bacon (thanks to Sydney), 1 slice of whole wheat toast w/ my homemade apple butter
Lunch: no-bake cookies w/ a glass of milk
Dinner: Turkey Vegetable Cobbler
Dessert: 6 M&M cookies

Exercise: 7 minutes of floor exercises

I've got a lot swirling through my mind today. I'm not feeling very well, and therefore, not much seemed appetizing. I didn't have to eat cookies for lunch, but nothing else sounded good. So I made a 1/4 size batch (yes, I have it down to a science), and ate all but a few cookies worth, warm out of the bowl. Not nutritious at all...and oh, so fattening! Especially not what I need when I'm battling a cough & cold!

Today my weight was still the same. I was disappointed because I had done really good with my eating yesterday. I don't want my weight to stop here. So what do I do? I sabotage myself by eating the cookies twice. Part of me wants to move on and forget that I ate the cookies & just do better. That's what I should do. But another part of me wants to forget it all. Of course, I really don't want to go up in weight, so I know what my choice will be. I know it shouldn't be about the number. I should simply be satisfied that I've fed myself healthy foods. I struggle with letting that satisfy my mind, though. Soooo....there it is. Not sure why, but I'm just feeling emotionally exhuasted. I feel like I just need a day by myself to sleep, clean, and just be lazy. Maybe that's what it's all about. I am an emotional eater, but I want to overcome that.

On another note, I am going to get back to the gym. I'm going to go with my friend, Tammy, but the girls and I need to get over our colds before we head out to face the rest of the world and the gym's daycare. Even though I know I'm terribly out of shape, I look forward to being able to run 3 miles again and feel good.

3 comments:

Erin L said...

No bake cookies sound really good... At least they have oatmeal. Thats healthy. (I also noticed the milk). :) Every time I work on eating better I always hit a wall, too. Exercise for me is the easy part - I really enjoy that me time - but eating enough fruits and veggies is tough for me. (Mostly because they always go bad before I have a chance to use them all up...) I'd say bump up the exercise to 20 minutes a day, but thats easier said than done when you have kids. I got a bike and a trailer last summer and rode my bike all the time, but thats harder in the winter. Good luck at the gym! I'm rooting for ya!

Erin L said...

PS Sorry I wasn't more help.

Rachel said...

We all need days like this, the important thing is to not get down about it, just forgive, forget and move on! You're doing awesome