Monday, March 24, 2008

Anti-Diet

Last night, my brother-in-law teasingly asked if the dessert I made had any real sugar in it. (I actually don't think I've ever made anything with Splenda in it that he's eaten & I rarely use Splenda, anyway.) After I assured him that it had lots of sugar in it, he said, "Well, aren't you on a diet?" Ummm....NO!!!!

I just want to make it very clear that my attempt to lose weight is not a diet. I am not temporarily changing anything to lose weight. I completely understand that losing weight & maintaining weight loss come from a lifestyle of eating healthy & exercising. I am trying to eat less sugar, but that's not a temporary thing. I want my desire for sugar to decrease permanently! So for any of you out there who were wondering (or not), I've never been on a diet & I'm not on one now. Or as, my friend, Tammy, said, "Everyone's on a diet. A diet is how you eat." In that case, I guess I am. And so are you.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree with you more. So called 'diets' don't work. It's all about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and constantly trying to improve our health and eating habits! Boo to diets! Yay to being healthy from good choices. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Tiffany said...

I think that is why mom lost weight and has done so good, it has been over 4 years from her start. I am so happy Chad and I know it is a perm change.