Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 85

Breakfast: 2 waffles w/ butter & sugar-free syrup, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 oz of Xango, glass of milk
Lunch: 1/3 to 1/2 of a serving of Spanish Red Beans & Rice, salad w/ dressing, and then....LOTS of Grasshopper cookies & LOTS of a cheese ball on whole-wheat crackers
Dinner: fruit & yogurt smoothie

Exercise: 2.8 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes & 5-10 minutes of abs. I walked the entire time on the treadmill today. I was aiming to keep my heart rate in a certain zone. It was SO hard to not run, but I think I have a tendency to over do it. Besides, it seems like running makes it go faster, for some reason. I need some additional education on the heart rate zones & why they are important. Anyone?

I also worked up a sweat in my garden this evening for about 30 minutes digging out more grass where the sod cutter couldn't get it. Now, if we can just get some good weather, I can finish up with my garden prep. I'm hoping to get lots more done in my yard later this week.

I went to the store just before lunch (it was when I was out and about), and fell prey to their marketing. I bought cookies that were on sale & also a cheese ball because it sounded good...I even sought the cheese ball out. And after my initial lunch, which was very healthy, I binged. I just ate and ate and ate. There's something to be said about eating in front of the TV. I doubt I would have binged if I had been sitting at the kitchen table. Afterward, I felt sick knowing all the calories I had just eaten. Hours later, I still felt gross & full. I went light on my dinner, since I wasn't very hungry. I knew I just needed something little. I just hope it minimized the damage...

2 comments:

Dustin and Angie said...

Try setting aside a day where you can eat whatever you want to without restrictions, it might help you eat healthy during the rest of the week knowing that your 'unhealthy' day is coming up.

Vanessa said...

Oh man I love cheese balls...I could down a whole one by myself! Probably two of them at this point!